Coconut and apple cupcakes are delightful baked treats that bring together the flavors of coconut and apple in a single dessert. Here’s a general recipe to create these delicious cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 cup finely chopped apples (peeled and cored)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Optional: Additional shredded coconut for topping or frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin/cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set this dry mixture aside.
- In another bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy using a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the shredded coconut and chopped apples using a spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, you can top the cooled cupcakes with frosting and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
These coconut and apple cupcakes are a delightful combination of flavors, offering a moist and flavorful experience perfect for various occasions or as a sweet treat for any time of the day.